DIVERSITY + EQUITY + INCLUSION
We are a human-first, value driven business. These values serve as a framework for how decisions are made at Ardent Market— the foundation for building business practices, customer relationships, and buying guidelines within the retail industry.
We want you to be fully aware of the values and intentions of Ardent Market as we pledge to drive more impact in our personal lives and business practices.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY + EQUITY + INCLUSION
We do not just stand in solidarity with BIPOC communities. We stand for actionable change, especially in the small business scope. Because we take our community very seriously. We take humanity seriously.
In this first year together, we put in a lot of work to making space on the internet, but now we are finding sustainable ways to hold that space for BIPOC artists, creators, customers, vendors, creatives. Because being a part of our community means collectively sharing art, craftsmanship, work, well-being, and stories.
We have some immediate and long-term strategies to navigate through, but this is how we have taken some action steps:
- We are participating in a pledge to continue monthly donations for both Black and Indigenous causes and foundations.
- Thanks to the initiative of the Fifteen Percent Pledge, we will dedicate at least 15% of our virtual shelves to Black-owned businesses/goods.
- We will also invest 30% of our inventory, business operations budget, and training, to diversity and inclusion, in solidarity with BIPOC, LGTBQ+, and Minority-owned businesses.
- The copy used on the website and newsletter will be carefully edited in gender-full language and inclusive format. We will continue to ask for pronouns and believe all genders are welcome and celebrated here.
- We will further our education with books, articles, and films. And participate with other small business owners in anti-racism study groups with paid workshop materials from activism educators.
- The most important part of this pledge is that we remain accountable to you, our community, and our promises to be an inclusive and holistic retail/small business. As we restructure our community efforts and social contracts, we will release reports on our progress each quarter. Because actionable, measurable change is how our communities can feel our support.